Monday, October 31, 2016

Hallo-Win!

It was about a year ago my daughter decided that she wanted all of us to dress up as her favorite Christmas song "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells" for Halloween. She decided she was going to be "Robin laid and egg" That I was going to be "Batman Smells" (I don't know how I feel about that decision...) and that her Mom was to be "the Joker got away". All that was left was "the Batmobile lost its wheel", that got  the wheels in my head turning as to what I could jerry-rig up. After a little planning and a trip to a the dumpster behind a local appliance center for some large pieces of cardboard I was ready. I based the design of the Batmobile from the 1989 "Batman" movie (personal favorite of mine). After a couple of days of hard work on my wife's part watching our newborn and daughter while I toiled away at piecing the car together until it was finished. I am really pleased with how well it turned out and my daughter loves it so I consider it a Hallo-Win.

"Robin laid an egg, the Batmobile lost its wheel"

The Finished Batmobile.

WIP Shots

No comments: