Monday, September 20, 2010

100th Post!

WOW, I can't believe I've reached 100 posts. To celebrate this feat I am putting up a comic that I did just recently, but it's not just any comic, it's drawn and colored completely on the cintiq. I know I have mention how nice it is to draw on the cintiq, but it doesn't do it justice. It's not quite the same as drawing on paper because you don't have the feel of the scrape of pen or pencil on paper, it has the fluid movement similar to a marker coloring on grease. Some of the best aspects of drawing on the cintiq is the ability to re-size and move different selections and use layers, those are the tools that I love being able to use among many more that I use.



Here is the finished black and white image I did, before coloring. This is the first time I added in the spacer bars to break up each panel. It's been a debate that I have had with myself of whether to have spacer bars or not, this one I felt like it really needed them to help distinguish between the panels.


Here is the colored version. Coloring this was really easy and involving. Once I started it, it was hard to tear me away from it I just wanted to keep going and do more an more (even now that i am done I look at it and want to do more.) I'm not super happy how the fog turned out but it works and looks good enough for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, this is hilarious!

Tim D